Monday, February 16, 2009

Boarding Weekend Spectacular!!

Julia and I stayed local and enjoyed a great weekend of Ski and Boarding.. We were at Stevens on Sunday night, the snow was falling, the runs were great and no one was on the mountain. The video of Julia was destroyed by my unsteady hands and wobbly legs. Monday we spent on the west side and and found ourselves at the REI Winter clearance. We cleaned up and made the manager cry. Julia found a great ski helmet that looks made just for her. We also dipped our hands into the REI Garage Sale bin. I found a tent that I could not pass up. Tag told a story of the first owner using it a couple times before the they figured out they did not like the design. A "Half Dome" may be the best tent made. It was in nearly perfect condition, at garage sale price plus 50% off last marked price. Yikes, did I really need a tent? NO! But I thought it needed a good home anyway. Julia found a great camp pillow for $5.

Merle and Doreen went to Sun Peaks for the weekend. Merle must have gone crazy if this picture tells us anything. Did he come home in one piece? Dinner later to see, and lets make plans for next year...!


No comments: