Sunday, May 3, 2009

Summer hiking, biking and get going....

  • May 16 Challenge your legs to a hike up Mt. Si. Carry water and a snack. Lunch for survivors will be at North Bend Bar and Grill.
  • June ?? Shake the spiders out of your backpacks. Lets go sleep in the woods and have a couple smores, this will be an easy overnight hike anyone can handle. We have not picked a location yet but it will be great.
  • June 19 - 21 [changed] Fathers Day Weekend. Almost too late in the year but the weather suggests this 3 day 2 night Lake Chelan hike will be great. I want to see how the forest has re grown. Last time I was here was after the huge Lake Chelan fire 2004?
  • July 5 - 7 Fishing trip to Ross Lake - Cougar Island 4th annual trip. The Kids and I sleep on Cougar Island and usually have the island to ourselves.
  • July 18 & 19 a stroll to the rim of the the crater on Mt. St. Helen's - reservations a must. I have two tickets for Julia and I, would be great to bring the boys so I am looking for two more tickets.
  • Late August / early September .... Wonderland Trail Summerland to Box Canyon.

If you are doing something fun that others can join in and share the experience, please email me. I will be working on a web based summer fun calendar as a central point to look at and stay in touch.

No comments: