Monday, September 3, 2007

Icicle River Walk











A complete 180 from last week's Crankcase was the peaceful and picturesque Icicle River Walk at Leavenworth. An added benefit was escaping the throngs of shoppers in town two blocks away. We started at the east end and walked west over Blackbird Island to the golf course and back. Noticed there were lightposts along much of the path so must go back for a night stroll. I'd also recommend a float down this calm section and hitting the rope swing on the other side.

This excursion included Carly, Carolann, Sarah - tame on the trail, but lethal on the golf course. I know my limits. Gina and Snow led but stayed away from the camera. Walk took about an hour.

Later in the evening, I took Bo Bo the Shiba up Moon Canyon (between Leavenworth and Plain) where the only wild life we saw were two bikers, one who crashed right in front of me, and a truck full of hunters. Somehow I didn't feel as safe with Bo as in the past with Angus so I ran all the way back to the cabin. I should thank them. (In the past I have seen deer and a wolf. Others have seen coyotes, bear and cougars.)

No comments: