Sunday, September 16, 2007

Leavenworth the non hike

Dark grey clouds had filled the sky over night blotting out the moon, the morning air was heavy with moisture, the kind that can not be mistaken for fog, no this was the moisture that dripped from the sky with a purpose. It was rain, true undeniably wet drippy, soaking wet, Seattle rain, and we were going hiking.

We gathered at the invisible park & ride along I-5, just north of Lynnwood. I was last to arrive even though I was 2 minutes early, the anxious crowd of would be hikers were - you will love this... they were sitting in their cars talking to each other on cell phones because it was raining too heavy to open the windows. YEP we were going hiking

I started doing the unthinkable; I got out of my car and stood in the rain while I gathered my hiking boots and back pack. Slowly others realized and the gear was loaded. Soon we were off and driving north towards Hwy 20. The rain now pelted the car. I had been assigned the task of back seat driver, from my position I began surfing the web, yes on my cell phone and checked the weather of various eastern Washington towns. Soon a decision was made to turn back and head east. Merle took an exit and pointed the car south back to Hwy 2.

The rain let up as we crested the top of Doe's Pass. We stopped and viewed the DoeMer Cabin over looking the valley and Big Rock Mountain. The actual cabin may not exist but I could see it, hot tub and a cool bear rug in front of the fire places.

The rain stopped and we went exploring, to my amazement we found the lost portal to the under world. Of course the "man" had posted the entrance to keep us out. He claims it is unsafe but if the truth were know it would be something more sinister. We probably discovered the hidden government entrance to the underground rail road which connects to the top secret presidential tunnels in Camp David.

Energized with our discovery and new found knowledge of the portal to the under world we grew tired of exploring the vast unknown and went cabin shopping. Plus Merle told us about eyes looking at him form deep with in dark spooky corners, fun times. Check out the photos I think he was right.

After looking at one or two cabins we needed lunch, Leavenworth was closer then ever so we swaggered into town parking right in front of the local candy shop. A search of the town brought us to a back alley and a dark stair way. At the top of the stairs we found a delicious roof top restaurant. Here we dipped chips, sipped sodas and licked whipping cream off cinnamon treats. Stuffed to the breaking point we decided a little ice cream dessert was next up for tasting, seems Doe has a sweet tooth for this little shop down the street.

With fully tummies we headed west. The drive home was incredibly short almost as if I had fallen asleep. One minute we are leaving Leavenworth, the next we are in Monroe, the Doe mobile must have a secret time travel flash drive.

No comments: