Sunday, May 11, 2008

Julia's Birthday week...

WOW I have never had so much fun in one week. I am sure Julia had a great week too. We started the week off with a fantastic 50th birthday party for Deneese. Here we all met at MacAroni Grill Alderwood Mall Deneese of course was surprised, not! We ate visited and ate some more. Elizabeth's cake creation was a beautiful spring basket full of flowers. It was equally tasty too. Little too bad Deneese needed sooooooo many candles we could hardly see the cake through the blazing candles.
On Friday afternoon I enlisted the FBI's assistance for a little cake at Julia's FBI Citizens Academy on Wednesday night. This was a great night for this because it was actually her birthday that night. The cake had to be picked up and delivered before 1100 Wednesday AM. This meant I needed to have the cake bought and ready before Spin Class on Tuesday night and I could not let on that I was up to something, which is incredibly hard for me. Yes Julia continues to be a spin monster and puts most of us in the class to shame. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the cake for everyone to see, it was chocolate with yellow and red roses, very special like her. I included a party hat too. FBI was great and let her wear the pretty party hat while they all broke out in a wonderful number you might recognize as the Happy Birthday Song. Julia also had her own surprises for me too. Wednesday she called and told me her garage door had broken. I called my favorite garage door supply company in Everett. Julia dashed up to Everett and was so fast I could not get them prepared for the birthday girl. After work I was talking to Julia once again and should not have been surprised when she told me she did not want to go to the FBI class... WHAT! No way, she had to go.... garage door or not. I jumped on the I-5 and drove straight to her house. We fixed the broken door and she could now go to class... Whew! PARTY On girl, I could hardly keep from cheering as I watched her drive off down the road. Garage door fixed I returned home to finish wrapping her presents before she stops by the house and accidentally finds her gifts. Oh I got her great stuff too. It was hard to wait but wait we needed to do.... since she was already wearing the first gift that I could not wait to give, wait we did... until our Saturday. Which started very early 0600 wake up for a surprise and special trip to McLendon's Hardware. Yes indeed what a surprise. here we bought wonderful huge Fuchsia baskets. Crazy as it seems we bumped into my oldest sister, seems she beat us to the sale by almost 15 minutes. After our 0700 shopping trip we when to breakfast at Maltby Cafe. Here I gave Julia her red Porsche, who would have know she wanted one ... Costco came through too... so a red Porsche she got. I also selected some other cool stuff too but she needed to wait until later in the day to open those gifts. If fact I made her wait until just before we left for dinner to open the big gift. For dinner we went to a great place called Pasta Freska. This was a wonderful place on Westlake Avenue, no menus and extremely personal service by the owner and his crew. Here we were treated to wonderful food that was nearly endless. Dinner was followed by dessert and candles and that wonderful song "Happy Birthday" once again. Julia was showered with gifts and great company.
Happy Birthday.
Julia is a good sport for all the endless pictures I take.

No comments: