Friday, August 22, 2008

Vacation Rain

This week I was on vacation, had big plans to go hike or camp or canoe or kayak or most anything. But the weather was not to have any part of my fun in stead it rained and rained and rained. Which turns out OK because I choose to remodel the kitchen. Yep two weeks before school starts I tore it all down. I decided to move the center island stove to the outside wall. This moves the dishwasher to the north wall, which moves the refrigerator to the only remaining east wall. To accomplish this I needed to move the gas pipes, move wires, move water pipes and repair plaster. Then if that was not enough I choose to redo the flooring and cabinets too. Hmmm silly me 5 days into this and I have one tenth of the work done. Kids know I am crazy now and mostly just grumble about the mess, worry about finding the food and dishes to eat the food on. Teens, don't mess with their food! Here is a sneak peek at the mess. This first photo is the old location of the appliances and the lovely Julia helping in the kitchen. The second photo is a glimpse at the new order of the west wall, notice the range hood, under that is were the stove should end up. Oh and don't forget the temporary kitchen. Enough yakking here I need to get under the house with my pipes and wiring toys.

No comments: