Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hedge Whacking Trio

On Saturday morning Corey and Arron came out with hedge whacking on their mind. In little under 3 hours we accomplished more then we have done in 4 months. Since about September last year I had been using Franks chipper to put about one plant a month into the yard waste container. Frank needed his chipper back so I took to cutting the hedge small enough to fit in the curb container. Last week I broke my dads trusty chain saw I bought in 1982. Corey must have felt the pain of the loss. He took to the hedge with our bow saw I had bought for service work on the trails. He cut down and stacked 1/3 of out hedge. When I saw is awesome progress I had Arron hitch his Jeep to the kayak trailer and experience his first trailer backing lesson... he did great too. We cut and stacked and loaded and tied hedge until I was silly with hunger. Once it was all stacked we headed to Bailey's Compost in Snohomish. This is a great place the neighbor told me about. They showed us were to unload and while I paid the kids unloaded half the load. WOW! I looked at the garden compost and know I will be buying my spring dirt there. Great place to go if you are in the need for compost.

No comments: