Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Time to write more

In the last few days I have returned to several REI stores halfway across the Puget Sound. Seeking and searching for something soooo important I can't remember what it was at this moment. Ha yes the sleeping pad for Corey. Seems we bought the wrong one, the square one, and finding the right one, the tapered one, proved to be a challenge. Next time I will know to look for the purple bag with the black bottom. Not the Purple bag with purple bottom. Focus is always a problem for me at REI. This photo has once again proven the point as I am seen trying on the dog tent for size.
Later while standing in line at the local NAPA parts counter I noticed a stack of cool looking magnifying glasses. WOW how nifty, I think as I convince myself I might be able to read the map books again. Of course I bought one. Come to find out I was not the only one to buy a magnifying glass this week... Hmmmm must be the bonus that comes with the AARP mail.
Boots and more boots, these make me laugh. Julia's knee continues to improve and she is seriously going to be doing great things this summer. I was concerned when I noticed the boot collection growing. How does she fit them into her purse?
This next picture is worth so much more then what meets the eye, a hot summer day on a fine Saturday evening, relaxing after a perfect day with the best company in the world, Sipping soft drinks seated outside where we watched people going by while enjoying dinner.
Curiously enough after a great summer weekend we find snow along the walk way to grandpa's house. This is the reason I am not yet into my flower fever. Sooooon I hope. I feel it growing but until after this coming cold weekend I shall resist well into next week.
To dive or not to dive, lights are good for so many things. I found these BOWHEAD strobe lights most enjoyable and bought 3 for us to wear while diving. They come in yellow wrap and orange wrap. They make great alternate to messy road flares. These are strong enough to drive over, are water tight to 300 feet, they float if you drop them and seem nearly unbreakable. Next week I will tell you how if break one. This will increase our diver buddy visibility and increase our safety.

No comments: